When you’re landscaping your property, in addition to considering lawn, trees and shrubs, you also need to think about soils, mulches and stone. There are a variety of stone products, each with their own characteristics and uses, which can enhance your landscaping. Here’s a quick review of uses for various landscaping stones in Toronto.
- Granular A is a crushed stone product that’s used for paving, and also for use as a load-bearing layer that reduces frost heave in retaining walls.
- Brick sand is commonly used for making mortar, or mixing with soil to improve drainage.
- Concrete sand is used along with aggregate to make concrete. It’s used as a bedding layer for patio pavers, laneways or walkways, and anywhere that you need all-purpose sand bedding.
- 1 ½ inch river stone is a decorative stone, also known as river rock. It’s used for walkways and bordering around flower beds.
- 3/8 inch pea gravel is used mainly for drainage, but also often in walkways to reduce dust. It’s also used in some decorative applications.
- ¾ inch clear limestone is used primarily for drainage under concrete.
- Limestone screening is used to make a smooth, hard surface for laying paving or patio stones, or for creating pathways and driveways.
- HPB, or high performance bedding, is washed limestone that’s used for drainage behind retaining walls and under pavers, or for pipe bedding.
To talk about the various uses of landscaping stones in Toronto, contact Essential Garden Supplies at 416-853-3000 to discuss your landscaping needs. Ask about our topsoil products, and many other products too!
Please be sure to check our geographical service areas, in order to make sure that we service your area!