Spring is a wonderful time to start fresh — dust off the cobwebs and freshen up your living space as the weather becomes warmer and spirits start to lift.
Spring cleaning can be as easy as pie if you follow a few simple tips. Declutter by calling junk disposal service companies. Here are some things to keep in mind and give your home a sparkly shine for spring:
- To avoid areas you just cleaned from getting dirty again, working from top to bottom and inside to outside is a good idea.
- You’re anxious to get everything looking and smelling spic and span, but focus on one room at a time. It won’t seem so overwhelming and you’ll be proud seeing each room sparkling when you’re done.
- Instead of taking each thing you pick up to its final spot, create a pile where everything will sit. This reduces your running around. Then call junk Disposal services to get rid of everything you don’t need or want.
- Multitask. You can throw in some wash while you’re washing a wall.
- Now is the time for small fix-its. If you, or someone in your family isn’t handy, call someone to do some small repairs around the house.
- Always remember to protect your skin and nails when cleaning. Invest in some good gloves.
- It makes sense to dust furniture before vacuuming. Be environmentally conscious and use old rags as dusters. They do a good job when damp as well. Natural fibres work best.
- Mops that wring out easily will make cleaning faster. There are many on the market that do a dandy job.
- Brooms should never be stored on their bristles. They won’t work as well if they’re out of shape. Install a broom holder somewhere — the back of a closet door is the perfect spot.
- Wait for a cloudy day to wash windows. Direct sun often dries cleaner before it can be cleaned off, leaving a streaky mess.
- If you have pets that shed, cleaning up after them doesn’t need to be a nightmare. A simple pair of damp rubber gloves will easily pick up pet fur off anything.
- Give your mattress new life. Use the upholstery and crevice tools on your vacuum to clean the top and sides of your mattress. Spot clean any areas that need it with soapy water, let dry and then sanitize with disinfectant spray.