Have you ever thought about the myriad uses of landscaping stone? It’s not all just plants, lawn and soil. You have to think about your driveway, patio, and walkways as well. A stone supplier in the Toronto area can help you learn about landscaping stone and how best to put it to use. Here’s an overview of stone products and how they work for you.
- Brick sand is commonly used for making mortar, or mixing with soil to improve drainage.
- 1 ½ inch river stone is a decorative stone, also known as river rock. It’s used for walkways and bordering around flower beds.
- Granular A is a crushed stone product that’s used for paving, and also for use as a load-bearing layer that reduces frost heave in retaining walls.
- 3/8 inch pea gravel is used mainly for drainage, but also often in walkways to reduce dust. It’s also used in some decorative applications.
- Concrete sand is used along with aggregate to make concrete. It’s also used under patio pavers, laneways or walkways, and anywhere that you need all-purpose bedding.
- Limestone screening is used to make a smooth, hard surface for laying paving or patio stones, or for creating pathways and driveways.
- ¾ inch clear limestone is used primarily for drainage under concrete.
- HPB, or high performance bedding, is washed limestone that’s used for drainage behind retaining walls and under pavers, or for pipe bedding.
As one of the premier stone suppliers in Toronto, Essential Garden Supplies can help you learn more about the many uses of stone as it applies to landscaping. To talk about the various uses of landscaping stones in Toronto and how they might benefit your landscaping project, call us at 416-853-3000. Our expert staff will be pleased to assist you.