There are many different uses for our Mississauga junk removal services. Getting rid of the old shingles after you’ve put on a new roof is one of them. It doesn’t matter whether you are working on a home or business. We have the right size bin for your needs.
Essential Disposal Services has been helping clients get rid of old shingles for years. Our disposal been rental options and waste disposal services are industry leading.
Here’s a few tips for roofing that we’ve learned by dealing with clients and these projects. We hope you find them as useful as our rental bins.
Maintenance Beats Replacement
A brand-new roof is a very big investment. Regular maintenance is a great way to ensure the one you have lasts for as long as possible. Here are a few tips to accomplish that goal.
- Home owners and business maintenance experts need to know the red flags to watch out for. There are a variety of potential issues that can spell big money down the road if they’re not looked after. Look for nails that have popped up from the shingles. Missing or loose shingles is another big warning sign. Take a look at your chimney to see if there are any cracks.
- Cleaning your roof on a regular basis is a good practice. Being mindful of safety, homeowners should clean the roof of any branches or leaves that might be cluttering the top and causing issues. There is usually some organic matter and leaves to clean out from the gutters as well. Maintaining your roof also means checking your downspouts. They need to flow well so water doesn’t backup and cause damage to your shingles.
- Taking a good look at the flashing on your roof can make a big difference. If it’s cracked or corroded, it might not be repelling the water. Roofing cement is a good way to fix nails all around flashing. Switching out copper or galvanized items that are corroded helps to maintain your roof for as long as possible.
A little maintenance and attention to detail goes a long way when it comes to this space. You’ll notice the same dedication with our Mississauga junk removal services. The junk and garbage disposal team we have on staff are professionals. There are several areas that we can help with including garage cleanouts and yard waste cleanup.
One of the other areas we excel at is appliance and old furniture removal. If you’ve got an old refrigerator that’s been sitting in your basement, we can get rid of it for you. All of our methods are safe and effective. If you are looking to get rid of shingles after a roofing project, we have certified professionals who can assess your needs.
Getting a free quote is easy. All you need to do is click on the convenient tab on our website to get started.
Choosing the Right Contractor
For some folks, switching out a roof is a do-it-yourself project. Others need to hire a contractor to handle the scope of the job. Finding the right person or business means looking for someone who is professional, honest and trustworthy.
That might sound like a tall order. However, it’s easy to find the right contractor when you’ve got a checklist to sort through the applicants.
- Looking for the best warranty possible should be high on your list. Keep in mind that not all manufacturers cover contractors’ work. If a roof gets installed incorrectly, it can take a long time to show up. Without a good warranty, you might need to fix it out-of-pocket.
- Looking for manufacturers’ designations is another box you should check. These are important because contractors need to pass requirements to be certified.
- Check the ratings from the local Better Business Bureau before you make any final decisions. Check to make sure any applicants have a good score before proceeding.
- Ask about safety training. Any contractor who works on your roof should have the proper safety certifications from your local municipality.
Here’s another thing you should consider when you are sorting through contractors. Everyone who works for these outfits should have proper insurance and that should include any subcontractors. Don’t hesitate to ask for an insurance certificate.
Here at Essential Disposal Services, our number one goal is to provide people with efficient and convenient options. Our bins come in a variety of sizes. They can help with a number of different projects around the house or on the commercial worksite.
Keep in mind when you need one of our bins they can be delivered right to your door. We hope these roofing tips come in handy. Please don’t forget to get in touch with our Mississauga Junk Removal specialists too.